Competition Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice is for entrants to a competition operated by Ambassador Cruise Line and explains how we collect, use, and share your personal data, and explains your rights in relation to the data. Ambassador Cruise Line is registered as a ‘data controller’ with the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office. A copy of the registration is available on the ICO website.
How your personal data is collected
We collect your data from the information you provide us with when you enter a competition operated by Ambassador Cruise Line.
How we use your personal data
Your data will be used for the purposes of managing and administering the competition, including notifying you if you are a winner.
Categories of personal data
We collect the following for each competition entry (to be deleted as needed)
- Email address
- Age range: 65+, 55-64, 45-54,35-44,25-34,18-24
Legal basis for processing your personal data
Ambassador Cruise Line uses a range of legal bases to process your personal data including:
- Necessary for the performance of a contract – the processing is necessary for the purpose of managing and administering the competition.
- Legitimate interests – the processing is necessary to allow Ambassador Cruise Line to administer the competition, to ensure that the competition is run fairly and to contact the competition winners.
- Public Task – the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest. We may have to share your information with the Advertising Standards Authority to ensure compliance with the CAP code.
How long is your personal data kept
Your rights as a Data Subject
Under the Data Protection legislation, data subjects have the following rights with regards to their personal information:
- the right to be informed about the collection and the use of their personal data
- the right to access personal data and supplementary information
- the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified, or completed if it is incomplete
- the right to erasure (to be forgotten) in certain circumstances
- the right to restrict processing in certain circumstances
- the right to data portability, which allows the data subject to obtain and reuse their personal data for their own purposes across different services
- the right to object to processing in certain circumstances
- rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
If you would like to exercise any of these rights or if you have any queries about this Privacy Notice please contact the Data Protection Officer, by email at [email protected]
How to complain about our processing of personal data
If you have a concern or complaint about our processing of personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer by post at Data Protection Officer, Ambassador Cruise Line, Gateway House, Stonehouse Lane, Purfleet, Essex RM19 1NS, or email [email protected]. If you are not satisfied with our processing of personal data, how we have responded to your complaint about the processing of personal data, or you believe our processing of personal data is not in accordance with the law, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) by calling +44 (0) 303 123 1113, or by visiting https://ico.org.uk/concerns/. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the Information Commissioner's Office, so please contact us in the first instance.