ORCA is one of the UK’s leading whale and dolphin conservation charities, dedicated to the protection of whales, dolphins and porpoises around the world. Ocean Conservationists will be showcasing the incredible diversity of wildlife that can be spotted from the deck, helping everyone learn more about the marine environment around them whilst collecting vital data about whales, dolphins and porpoises to contribute to their protection. Whilst on board, the team will be delivering activities to help guests learn more about these amazing animals as well as the threats they face, including the Ambassador & ORCA pledge and the first ever cruise "Anti-whaling" campaign.
What to expect?
As well as being ORCA's first round the world cruise, this has a huge amount of value in a variety of important areas, including (but by no means limited to):
- Important blue whale migratory routes around Australia & the East Indian Ocean
- Vulnerable populations of finless porpoises, Irrawaddy dolphins and humpback dolphins near Thailand & Malaysia
- Important cetacean habitats in the Maldives
- Habitat of threatened pygmy blue whales around Sri Lanka
- Calving & nursery grounds of southern right whales around South Africa
- Data deficient area of the southern part of the south Atlantic
- High risk ship strike area around the Panama Canal
- Important migratory route for endangered Oceania subpopulation of humpback whales near Cook Islands